Leveraging the usage of search engines to improve one’s business online visibility – that’s what Search Engine Marketing, or simply SEM, is all about. This online visibility is very significant because it does not only boost online traffic but also gain potential clients that become paying customers later on.
If you are a serious business owner, you should never ignore what the major search engines can do for your website. They actually play a major part for you to attract the right type and volume of online visitors to your website. So be sure to make the most out of your SEM campaign.
What are the benefits of SEM?
- It allows your website to reach out to a massive number of prospects in an instant
- It is a more effective means of reaching demographics which are targeted specifically
- Costs lower than print and other forms of traditional marketing
- It makes use of reliable tools that help you track how and why visitors find your website
- It is low-risk, meaning you don’t have to waste money on traditional marketing methods that don’t really work
Why You Need SEM?
SEM is a powerful marketing tool that when used in its full potential can help your business gain a massive increase in traffic and turn them to paying customers instantly. Here are some of the significant reasons why your website should take advantage of SEM:
- Search engines are the first thing that most Internet users turn to when they need to find information of any sort
- Search engines own 18 out of the top 20 most popular websites, making up for 26.85% of all website traffic
- The top three organic listings are viewed 100% of the time, while the top paid search listing is viewed 50% of the time
- With 65% dominance around the world, Google is now the leading search provider; but in Australia alone, 93% of all Internet users cite Google as their 1st choice
Effective SEM Techniques
A lot of techniques and tools are used in SEM. But here are some of the most effective to help you get started:
Google AdWords Campaign
– If you see small pay per click ads that are displayed on the right side of Google search results, then that’s Google AdWords. Its main objective is to provide highly targeted text or image ads based mainly on the targeted keywords that people often use when searching for your services or products.
Pay Per Click (PPC)
– A PPC campaign allows you to list your website at the top of search engine results by advertising the keywords that are highly related to your website or service. And true to its name, you get to pay only when an online visitor clicks on your listing and connects to your website.
Pay for Inclusion (PFI)
– Want your website to be always in the search engine’s index? Then PFI is for you. With this campaign, you get to take advantage of search engines that offer pay for inclusion submissions to their index. Ask us how we can assist your business today!
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
– This is one of the most popular and widely used form of marketing these days. With the increasing number of Internet users connecting to social media networks today, then all the more your website needs SMM to reach out to this massive audience. With SMM you can target you audience to a specific demography like: female, 25-35 yrs of age in Australia. SMM may target sites like Facebook and LinkedIn (for B2B clients).